30 May Head boat? Party boat? Whatever You Call It, It’s GREAT FISHING!
Head boat? Party boat? Whatever You Call It, It’s GREAT FISHING!
If you are planning a trip to Myrtle Beach this summer and want to head out for some fishing, a head boat is a great way to get a taste of what fishing in the Murrells Inlet area is all about. The head boat (also referred to as the party boat) at Crazy Sister Marina can hold approximately 80 people, making it the perfect vessel for those wanting to try fishing but not interested in reserving a boat for themselves.
Head boats offer unique fishing experiences as they can stop and anchor over rock formations, shipwrecks, etc., and everyone on board can fish simultaneously. With over 400 square feet to spread out and an air-conditioned cabin to let you cool off, you’ll be comfortable too. So, since you’ll be fishing with others, you’ll have the opportunity to meet new people without feeling crowded while you cruise the inlet and try your hand at a fish on!
4 Great Headboat Excursions
As we said, the Myrtle Beach head boat is a great way to experience Myrtle Beach fishing. We offer four different fishing excursions ranging from four to 11 hours in length, with the cheapest option priced at $48 for adults and $30 for children age 12 and under.
- Half-day sea bass fishing trip – be on the lookout for bass, grunts, porgies, sea bream, and others.
- All-day Gulf Stream fishing trip (also available as a semi-private all-day trip) – cast for vermillion, amberjack, grouper, silver snapper, and triggerfish, among other varieties
- Afternoon shark fishing trip – during this trip three to 12 miles offshore, anglers will be on the lookout for Atlantic sharpnose sharks, grunts, black sea bass, and more.
- Our Continental Shelf Fishing trips – NOT SURE WHAT TYPE OF FISH ARE CAUGHT ON THIS TRIP
The Benefits of Fishing on a Headboat
Aside from the benefits that we have already listed, there are several other perks to fishing with a group of others on a head boat. Check out this list of what you should expect to benefit from on a head boat fishing trip in Myrtle Beach.
The boat will have everything you need to enjoy your fishing experience. Your fishing license, rod, reel, bait, and tackle are all included with the price of your trip. All you need to do is bring some water and sun protection!
- The boat will have everything you need to enjoy your fishing experience. Your fishing license, rod, reel, bait, and tackle are all included with the price of your trip. All you need to do is bring some water and sun protection!
- The captain and crew know of all the hot spots where catching turns into fishing. This makes a head boat fishing excursion a stress-free experience.
- You’ll get to make new friends. Headboat fishing is unique because instead of paying for the entire boat, you just pay per person. This also means that you get to meet plenty of others with similar interests.
- You’ll learn the fishing basics. The captain and crew do all the heavy lifting so that you and your family and friends can simply sit back, enjoy the view, and catch some fish. But that doesn’t mean you won’t learn a fishing trick or two during the day. 5. You can relax. Though Myrtle Beach boat rentals are a lot of fun and a great way to explore the area’s waters, you take on a lot more responsibility. When you go fishing on a head boat, you can put your feet back and decide how little or how much you want to fish. And someone else is driving the boat.