13 Apr Why Offshore Fishing Should be on Your List of Myrtle Beach Things to Do this Father’s Day
Why Offshore Fishing Should be on Your List of Myrtle Beach Things to Do this Father’s Day
Father’s Day 2021 is right around the corner, and since Father’s Day 2020 was essentially a flop, dads across the United States have bigger and better dreams for this holiday. And across the country, fathers have been celebrating their special status since back in 1910 when Sonora Smart Dodd, an Arkansas native, started the holiday in Spokane, Washington.
The first Father’s Day celebration was on June 19, 1910. Sonora’s father was a veteran of the Civil War. His name was William Jackson Smart. Her father was a single parent who raised six children in the area. And since then, Father’s Day has landed on the third Sunday in June; all intended to celebrate the fathers’ vital role. The holiday has been so significant that it became an official holiday in 1972.
And fathers all look at their special day in their way. Some dads look to the day as a way to soak up some quality time with their children. Other dads use the day to get away and do something fun for themselves. Both approaches are perfectly acceptable. But one thing is for sure; whether dad wants a day with the kids or away from the kids, an offshore fishing trip might be the perfect gift for that angler lurking within.
The Benefits of Offshore Fishing in Myrtle Beach, SC
With offshore fishing, sometimes referred to as sport fishing or deep-sea fishing, anglers get the opportunity to go after fish that they wouldn’t usually get the chance to try for. Offshore fishing in Myrtle Beach creates an exciting feeling on the unknown but is even better because of the beautiful surroundings and skilled fishing guides offers by Crazy Sister Marina. With a rod, manual reel, bait, tackle, and a guide included, offshore fishing should be part of dad’s list of fun things to do in Myrtle Beach.
Offshore fishing in Myrtle Beach also provides the following benefits, perfect for dad on his special day.
- Fishing and catching exercises your main muscle groups
- Fishing in the sunshine provides a healthy dose of Vitamin D (of course, we recommend that dad lather on plenty of sunscreen to stay safe)
- Fishing is excellent for concentration but provides something more soothing and fun to concentrate on than a day at the office
- Fishing reduces stress, and we all know how much stress we are under these days
- Fishing with family members or friends is an excellent bonding experience
- Fishing is great for dad’s self-esteem, especially if he catches the big one
- Fishing is a great way to unplug from technology, though don’t worry, your phone can be at the ready to get some great shots of dad with his catch of the day
Contact Crazy Sister Marina for More Information on Myrtle Beach Offshore Fishing
If you plan a trip to Myrtle Beach for Father’s Day weekend or any other weekend away, be sure to add offshore fishing to your list of things to do. Whether you choose to explore a boat rental and go fishing on your own or want the safety and experience offered by a guided offshore fishing tour, Crazy Sister Marina has what you and dad need to create a fishing trip that will make the memory books.