02 Jun What to Expect for Your Vacation in Myrtle Beach
What to Expect for Your Vacation in Myrtle Beach
The Myrtle Beach area has long been known by travelers as a great place to visit. From the southern hospitality to the beautiful waterways of the Murrells Inlet, Myrtle Beach has so much to offer. With great resorts, hotels, beach homes, and vacation rentals, there is no shortage of places to stay. And, with boat rental, jet ski rentals, dolphin watches, fishing charters, golfing, shopping, dining, and more, there are ample things to do.
Myrtle Beach is great for a romantic weekend, a family vacation, a corporate retreat, or just about any getaway you can think of; the area will definitely not disappoint. But aside from a great time, what should you expect for your ultimate summer vacation in Murrells Inlet, South Carolina?
The Weather in Myrtle Beach
In general, the best time to visit Myrtle Beach is from May through September, when temperatures can climb to 90 degrees Fahrenheit or higher. Temperatures in this range tend to make for the best water activities, and thankfully, temperatures rarely rise above 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
During November through March, temperatures are more likely to hit freezing overnight. Frost can arrive as early as October or as late as April. However, it is rare for it to remain below freezing, which typically only happens in December or January. All in all, temperatures in the Myrtle Beach area are comfortable, making it a great place to visit year-round.
Best Things to Do in Myrtle Beach
As we mentioned earlier, there is really no shortage of things to do in the Myrtle Beach area. Whether you are looking to plan a Myrtle Beach fishing vacation, a jet ski trip in Myrtle Beach, or a visit to one of the 90 or so golf courses in the area, there is a bit of something for everyone. But if you want our advice, we’ve made a list of five of the best things to do in Myrtle Beach.
- Jet ski rentals – Yes, we know we mentioned this already, but jet ski rentals are a great way to explore the waterways of Murrells Inlet, South Carolina. The Crazy Sister Marina 90-minute jet ski tour covers inlet channels and the ocean.
- Parasailing – If you are a thrill-seeker, then a parasailing adventure might be perfect for you. Sail high in the sky for a ten-to-12-minute adventure, and get a video to capture the memory.
- Dolphin watch – The Myrtle Beach area is a great place to experience dolphins up close and personal without invading their space. The Crazy Sister Marina team ensures that dolphins are observed safely and in their natural habitat.
- Paddleboarding – If you have never been paddleboarding, make your visit to Myrtle Beach the time when you give it a try. If you are a paddleboarding beginning, we offer 90-minute lessons to teach you all the techniques you need for a fun paddleboard rental experience.
- Kayaking – Kayaking provides a great upper body workout and allows you to explore Murrells Inlet peacefully. So, be sure to consider a kayak rental for a unique way to get out on the water during your visit to Myrtle Beach.